Tuesday 8 October 2013

Delicious Yet Nutritious Oat Pancakes!

Yep, you read the title right! Who says pancakes can't fit into your clean lifestyle? I've recently perfected a recipe for oat pancakes that I hope you guys will enjoy!


I used oats instead of flour for this recipe because they are a great source of good carbohydrates, which keeps our insulin levels stable, and are nutrient dense. Oats can provide our bodies with B Vitamins, iron, magnesium, calcium and beneficial fibre that keeps your bowel healthy.

Recipe:
  • 1 cup of rolled oats
  • 1 medium sized banana
  • 1 whole egg
  • 3/4 cup of preferred type of milk
  • 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey
Blend all ingredients until the texture of the mixture is smooth. Grease a pan lightly with oil and cook to your satisfaction, so simple! I usually get 6 - 8 pancakes out of this recipe. Top with fruits, natural nut spreads, nuts or honey and enjoy! You could also add more fruit to the mixture if you wish, I like to add blueberries and cacao powder to my recipe for extra flavour and health benefits.

You can make this recipe vegan by getting rid of the egg and adding more banana's to the mixture. Banana's, like eggs, help to bind the mixture together so it keeps its shape while cooking.

There you have it! A simple, healthy and delicious alternative to pancakes. Remember to be creative, customise this recipe to your taste buds desire and make it your own!

Lisa xx
PS. You can follow me on Instagram @ambition_nutrition to see more of my scrumptious food creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment